At the beginning of year 2000,
Daveed Vandevoorde and myself
decided to work in common on the ideas we had regarding advanced
development environments. We named this project Xroma
(pronounced Chroma), after his pet programming language project. This
was certainly a better name than LX, the name of
my own programming language... At the same time, Daveed renamed his
I then started implementing "that" Xroma. Except for a few
implementation details, that version of Xroma was really close to what
Mozart is today. But these little implementation details really made
it close to unusable without a lot of good will. That version
of Xroma is still available here in case you
are interested in archeology. You can also check the initial
Xroma page if Daveed repairs it.
The usability problems with my initial Xroma went worse and worse
as I tried to use it more. So I decided to start a completely new
implementation in C++, which I named Mozart.
At the same time, this allowed me to return the name Xroma to Daveed
for his own implementation and/or language.
You can find more information on Daveed's Xroma language there